Whoopi Goldberg, a long-time cannabis-activist, is also the next celebrity to jump into the ganja game with a new line of products designed to beat period pains. Goldberg teams up with Maya Elisabeth, the founder of Om Edibles, to create Whoopi & Maya. The two hit it off the moment they met and quickly decided that the Whoopi & Maya Synergy would begin with a signature line of medical cannabis products designed specifically for relief from menstrual discomfort.
According to Elisabeth, "Cannabis is helpful for all pain relief, because when you use it topically it mingles with your nerve endings where the pain is felt. It also affects the pain receptors in the brain, so it's helpful for all pain in general. It elevates your mood and relaxes your mind so that your body can do what's it's supposed to do, which is feel comfortable and heal."
The duo will launch with four products: an epsom salt soak in three fragrances, a medical cannabis sipping chocolate, a topical rub in both CBD and THC, and THC-infused tinctures. Say goodbye to painful periods, ladies!
Whoopi and MayaPhoto: Timothy White
The new "Whoopi & Maya" line of medical cannabis productsPhoto: Michael Osborne/Whoopi & Maya
Whoopi & Maya will be available soon in California to people with their medical marijuana cards.
Source: USA Today | Whoopi & Maya
- Whoopi Goldberg supports pediatric medical marijuana | Fox News ›
- Whoopi Goldberg: Hoping N.Y. medical marijuana expands ›
- Whoopi Goldberg says sick children should be allowed access to ... ›
- Whoopi Goldberg: My vape pen and I, a love story (column) ›
- Whoopi Goldberg sees flaws in NY's medical marijuana law - NY ... ›
- Whoopi Goldberg: Forget Advil, Medical Marijuana Is Better ›
- Whoopi Goldberg says New York's medical marijuana law is too ... ›
- Whoopi Goldberg Hails Gov. Cuomo For Signing Medical Marijuana ... ›
- Marijuana Legalization - News & Top Stories - NBC News ›
- Freedom Leaf Magazine - December 2015 by Freedom Leaf - issuu ›