No shoe brand has developed a cult following quite like Vibram. Their FiveFingers of fun shoes look like gloves on your feet and are meant to replicate running barefoot. A recent winner of CBS Survivor dominated the field in Survivor challenges wearing his Vibram shoes. Now, the beloved brand is about to get a trail shoe made with hemp.
Mike Holloway wearing Vibram shoes
Vibram shoes caught on with the gym crowd and outdoor enthusiasts with their appearance that makes the person wearing them look like they're doing a handstand. But then people started to realize how comfortable and functional they were.
The new hemp Vibrams are going to be constructed with an upper made from a hemp/polyester blend that will provide comfort, durability and breathability. The bottom will remain consistent in its construction of Vibram material fans know and love.
The new shoes are targeted for release in August with a price tag around $100.
- Why Your Next Pair Of Running Shoes Could Be Made From Hemp ›
- Vegan Shoes & Bags: Men's Hiking Shoe by Wicked Hemp in Black ›
- Wicked Hemp Men's Collection on Pinterest | Hemp, Wicked and ... ›
- Amazon.com: Vibram FiveFingers Men's CVT-Hemp: Shoes ›
- Coming Spring/Summer 2013! Wicked Hemp's Adventurer hiking ... ›
- Vegetarian Shoes Hemp Spider XT Trail Shoe ›
- Wicked Hemp from Compassionate Closet ›
- wicked hemp shoes ›
- Vegan Hiking Boots - Vegan Outdoor Adventures ›
- Spider XT Black Hemp - Casual / Trainers ›