We see a lot of stories come through about all the great things cannabis can do. But after seeing this video on the Marijuana Doctors Facebook page, it stopped us in our tracks. I cried for about five minutes after watching how this little girl's nightmare changed her Dad's mind about medical marijuana.
He's a physician, and admittedly very anti-cannabis. Things had gotten so bad, he was ready to let his daughter die rather than live a life of suffering. Left with no other medical alternatives, he turned to marijuana as a last ditch effort. If there's one story that captures all the emotion and power behind the marijuana legalization movement, it's this. Get your tissues ready...
One emotion that comes out of watching families like this one is frustration. Desperate parents are fighting for their children's lives, and one thing that can help them is a plant. Yet that plant is illegal and largely misunderstood.
Will there be a happy ending for this family and many other families facing the same heartache? If there was ever a time to get behind the marijuana legalization movement, or at the very least, the medical marijuana legalization movement, now is the time.
During the upcoming elections, think about how many families like this one that can be helped by voting 'Yes' to legalize...
- Medical Marijuana: Parents of Kids with Epilepsy Search for Cure ›
- Dr. William Courtney Calls Child cured with cannabis oil "A Miracle ... ›
- The Rise of Medical Marijuana for Kids | Motherboard ›
- Parents Choose Marijuana To Treat Sick Kids ›
- Is medical marijuana safe for children? - CNN.com ›
- CURE Epilepsy: Research: Spotlight on CBD ›
- Cannabis Extract Medicine: Successfully Treating Children for ... ›
- Cannabis oil available as treatment for children with epilepsy ... ›
- Marijuana stops child's severe seizures - CNN.com ›
- 'We need this now:' NC parents seek marijuana oil for children with ... ›