After months of holiday gorging and a lazy start to 2016, I've successfully kicked off #FitFeb with boot camp and fresh juice! Cannabis juice to be exact!
For cannabis juicing, it's important to get the very best produce and I was lucky enough to snag some fresh flowers from Marley Natural and their new biannual magazine.
In the juicing article, Pamela Dyer mentions fresh cannabis is packed with antioxidants, vitamins C and B, and acts as a natural cleanser. With juicing, you won't run the risk of getting high because the THC needs to be activated with heat. This way, you'll get all the lovely vitamins and minerals without the sleepiness. I even thought the fresh juice was better than coffee before a killer workout!
The flavor of fresh cannabis juice is grassy, peppery, and a little bitter so I tried a couple variations to the simpleweedgrass shot with more fruits and veggies to mellow out the intensity.
Simple Weedgrass Shot
• 1 cup of large cannabis leaves approx 15 leaves, and 2 large raw buds
• 1/3 cup filtered water or coconut water
1. Juice 1 cup of large cannabis leaves.
2. Mellow out with 1/3 cup of filtered water or coconut water.
3. Drink straight up or served over ice.