I'm looking to introduce more hemp oil into my diet as I prepare for summer. I picked up a little bottle of cold-pressed hemp seed oil from Whole Foods and I've been using it in place of olive oil in my salads and drizzling it on pretty much everything. I even rub it on my face at night before bed!
Hemp oil is high in essential fatty acids and it's already doing wonders for my skin. It provides better hydration than any expensive night cream I've ever tried and after a week, the elasticity in my skin has improved and dry patches are gone. See ya later, eczema!
This morning, I drizzled a bit over an open-faced sandwich topped with a sous vide infused ginger carrot mash for a healthy morning snack. When you sous vide vegetables, the vitamins and nutrients won't burn out and the colors stay vibrant. Top that off with some hemp oil and you're off to a great start. Yay health!
Photo from Sous Weed
Sesame Ginger Carrot Mash
• 5 large carrots - peeled and cut in half
• 1 thumb ginger - grated
• 1/4 cup honey
• 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
• 2 Tbsp canna-butter
• 2 tsp cold-pressed hemp oil
• salt and pepper to taste
• 2 slices of toast -- optional
1. Set your sous vide water bath to 90ºC (194ºF).
2. In a gallon sized freezer-safe zip bag, seal carrots, ginger, and honey using the water displacement method. Sous vide the carrots for 20 minutes. This process will infuse the carrots with flavor while retaining the color, vitamins, and nutrients.
3. After 20 minutes, remove from water bath and place carrots on a baking sheet. Save the liquid contents in the bag. Broil the carrots on high for 5 minutes on each side until you get a nice brown char.
4. Remove from oven and place carrots in a food processor along with the liquid contents and canna-butter. Puree until smooth.
5. Salt and pepper to taste and spread on toast. Top it off with a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds and a drizzle of hemp oil.