Asparagus means the arrival of spring, dusting off the ol' grill, and stinky pee! This dish is lightly medicated and perfect for a pot potluck brunch party with your friends. I love the burst of flavor that the roasted lemon gives. Spring has sprung!
<p class="shortcode-media shortcode-media-youtube"> <iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sX67M76IYRI?rel=0" width="100%" height="480" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="N08ZDP1490723766"></iframe> </p> <p><br></p><p>
Medicated Grilled Asparagus
• 1 lb spring asparagus - woody ends cut off
• 1 lemon - halved
• 3 Tbsp medicated oil like olive, butter, or lard
• hard, aged goat cheese - shaved for garnish
• edible flowers to garnish - optional
• pinch of hemp seeds - optional
• finishing salt to taste (I used Omnivore Salt)
1. Pre-heat grill pan to medium-high.
2. In a baking dish, toss clean asparagus with 1 Tbsp medicated oil to coat
3. Place asparagus on the grill pan in a single layer. Also place halved
lemons face down to caramelize.
4. Cook asparagus until you see char marks - about 5-8 minutes.
5. Transfer to platter and serve with the charred lemon, topped with 2 Tbsp
of medicated oil, edible flowers, hemp seeds, shaved goat cheese, and