I went crazy buying seasonal veggies at the farmers market this week. I spotted some curly spigarello broccoli with the edible flowers still on. The leaves look like octopus tentacles and have a spicy bite when you eat it raw. I double dosed it with medicated lard AND olive oil then cracked some perfectly-cooked, gooey 63ºC eggs on top.
Best wake and bake brunch ever?!
<p class="shortcode-media shortcode-media-youtube"> <iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/a9zthzWFP9M?rel=0" width="100%" height="480" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="ZZW7OL1490723766"></iframe> </p> <p><br></p><p>
Medicated Sous Vide Eggs Over Seasonal Greens
• 3 eggs - room temperature
• 5 cups cooking greens (cut into 3/4-inch-wide ribbons), such as collard,
kale, or broccolini
• 2 garlic cloves - smashed
• 1 small shallot - diced
• 5 cherry tomatoes - halved
• 2 Tbsp cannabis-infused lard
• 3 tsp cannabis-infused olive oil
• 2 Tbsp water
• 1 tsp chili flakes
• finishing salt to taste (I used Omnivore Salt)
• shaved parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Set sous vide water bath to 63ºC (145.4ºF).
2. Once the water comes to temp, gently place eggs in the water bath and
sous vide for 1 hour. If you don't have a sous vide machine, you can just
poach the eggs for this dish. The texture will be different though!
3. 10 minutes before the eggs are ready, heat your skillet on medium-high.
4. Once hot, add infused-lard, garlic, shallots, and tomatoes and cook
until light brown. About 1-2 minutes.
5. Add the seasonal greens to the skillet along with some chili flakes and
water. Stir every few minutes while the greens wilt.
6. Remove sous vide eggs from the water bath and crack into a bowl.
7. Remove skillet from heat and gently spoon the eggs on top.
8. Drizzle on some medicated olive oil and garnish with finishing salt,
chili flakes, and shaved cheese. Enjoy immediately!